TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) & TRiO Student Support Services/English as a Second Language (SSS/ESL)
TRiO programs are designed to identify and provide services to individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds. The ECC TRiO programs serve and assist low-income individuals, first-generation college students, and individuals with disabilities to progress through the academic pipeline from middle school through postsecondary programs.
Counselors and teachers are encouraged to recommend students.
The mission of the TRiO Student Support Services and TRiO Support Services/ESL programs is to encourage and assist traditionally underrepresented students in preparation for completion of a college education. SSS/ESL also provides support to eligible students whose second language is English and are enrolled in mainstream college classes. These programs support current ECC students.
- Career exploration and assessment.
- Tutorial support and services.
- Financial and economic literacy.
- Assistance with college applications and transfer.
- Visits to four-year institutions.
- Various workshops.
- Leadership development activities.
- Cultural and social events.
- Referral to college and community support services.
- Computer and study lounge access at TRiO offices.
TRiO services are available to individuals who:
- Are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Are a registered ECC student.
- Meet one or more of the following requirements:
- First generation college student (neither parent(s)/legal guardian(s) graduated from a four-year college or university in the U.S.).
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Documented learning or physical disability(ies).
- English as a Second Language.
To apply for the program, contact the SSS office for an application form. Forms must be printed and signed by the parent/guardian before submission to ECC.