ICAPS Support Program
Integrated Career & Academic Preparation System Program Benefits
- A clear pathway of courses that leads to a vocational certificate.
- Free academic support, including personalized one-on-one advising.
- Free loaner textbooks.
- Free career navigation classes.
- A dedicated student support specialist who provides job search assistance, including résumé and interview skills development.
- The advantage of taking classes with the same group of peers throughout the program.
Who Can Participate?
ICAPS is open to all students, especially those who are:
- Daytime students.
- Looking to complete a vocational certificate quickly to earn a family-sustaining wage.
- Pursuing an Associate of Applied Science degree in one of the ICAPS career pathways.
- Able to commit to completing the program in one year or less.
ICAPS Career Pathways
Integrated Career & Academic Preparation System students will complete a Basic Vocational Specialist (BVS) certificate in the program of their choice in less than one year.
One Semester Programs
Two Semester Programs
- Basic Nurse Assistant (BNA) Training Program*
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator
- Industrial Maintenance (IST)
- Sterile Processing and Distribution (Spring 2020)
Additional stackable certifications leading to an Associate of Applied Science Degree are available in most program areas for students who wish to continue their studies.
*The BNA/Phlebotomy programs require two semesters of coursework and a three-week clinical after the coursework is completed.
Upon earning a basic vocational specialist certificate through ICAPS, students may choose to enter the workforce and/or continue to pursue additional certificates or an associate degree. For more information, contact a student support specialist at 847-214-7390 or stop by B120, Student Success Center, to schedule an appointment.