International Education & Programs
Fostering mutual understanding and global learning through international education.
The Center for International Education and Programs will provide remote support until May 4, 2020, for students or faculty needing assistance. Staff will be available for student or faculty support between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Fridays. For assistance or to schedule a virtual appointment, please email email@example.com.
- For homestay questions or issues, email Natalie Escobar at firstname.lastname@example.org. For current homestay students, please call the homestay emergency line for immediate assistance.
- For study abroad questions or issues, email Lauren Nehlsen at email@example.com. Check studyabroad.elgin.edu for available programs and terms.
- International students should check their email daily for important weekly updates from the CIEP about maintaining their immigration status. Please also log into D2L to complete the required work in the course, “International Student Success.” Review ICE guidance on COVID-19 for the most updated information on the USCIS/Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
- Prospective international students can apply online at elgin.edu/f1apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or with questions. Admission applications and requests for I-20s will be processed as quickly as possible. Acceptance materials will be sent electronically to students until the on-campus operations resume.
Welcome to international education at Elgin Community College (ECC)! ECC offers easy and streamlined admissions for international students wishing to study in the U.S., award-winning Intensive English training, homestay opportunities for international students and local families, quality study abroad programming, and international exchange opportunities for faculty and administrators.
New International Student Admissions
Elgin Community College warmly welcomes international students from more than 25 countries from around the world! ECC is about 40 miles from Chicago, which has world-championship sports teams, an internationally acclaimed symphony orchestra, award-winning theater, dozens of museums and historical sites, premier shopping and some of the best restaurants in the United States.
Resources for Current International Students
Are you a current F-1 or J-1 international student or scholar studying at ECC? Better understand how to maintain your status, your rights, and responsibilities as an F-1 student, and general information about life in the U.S.
ECC offers semester, summer, and short-term study abroad opportunities. Studying abroad increases global awareness and cultural competency and gives your resume a boost in a competitive global marketplace. Plus, you can earn credit toward your degree or certificate.
ECC's International Student Homestay Program promotes international friendship and cultural exchange and provides students with a clean, safe and caring atmosphere while attending school.
- Local Residents Host an International Students: Experience another culture by hosting an international student.
- International Students Live with American Families: Experience American culture by living with an American family.
ECC has International partners around the world. These partners help students in their home country apply for admission to ECC, host ECC students and faculty for educational programs abroad. They also help with exchange programs to send international students and faculty to ECC.
International partners near you
Center for International Education and Programs
Building B, Room B105