Homestay Program for Host Families
ECC's International Student Homestay Program (ISHP) seeks host families genuinely interested in sharing their lifestyles in a positive and mutually fulfilling way.
- Read, complete, and sign the ISHP Host Family Application - PDF.
- Read, complete, and sign the Information, Policies, and Agreement for Host Families - PDF.
- Submit a letter of introduction describing your family.
- Submit a copy of your homeowner's/renter's insurance policy.
- Submit a copy of your auto insurance policy and copies of valid driver's licenses for all licensed drivers living in the host home and, if applicable, for any other drivers arranged by your family.
- Submit your application by email to email@example.com, by fax to 847-214-7785, or by mail to:
- Elgin Community College
Center for Global Engagement
1700 Spartan Drive
Elgin, IL 60123
- Potential host families will be required to complete a background check immediately before a placement is anticipated to be made. Payment for the background check is made directly by the host to the agency conducting the background check. ECC reimburses all hosts for the cost of the background checks. Background checks are required for every potential host and any adult age 18 or older living in the host’s home, including adult children away at college who return home for vacations, holidays, etc. For complete details and information on the screening process and background checks, please refer to the Screening of Host Families and Background Checks section as outlined in the International Student Homestay Program Information, Policies, and Agreement for Host Families.
ECC will only process the homestay application once the Center for Global Engagement receives all the above materials. Host applications are accepted throughout the year. The ECC International Homestay Program does not guarantee a homestay placement.