Program Effectiveness Data
The Surgical Technology program is a 3 semester, limited enrollment program which admits 24 students each January. All candidates are evaluated using a specialized admission procedure. Students must submit admission materials and meet admission requirements before the application is considered for review. The deadline for submission of application materials is September 1 for January admission.
- Apply with ECC - how to apply
- All candidates must submit all official transcripts from other colleges/universities attended.
- Complete and submit health professions application.
- Score in the 25th percentile or better in each section of the PSB-HOA exam.
- A grade of C or better in BIO 110 or its equivalent or a grade of C or better in BIO 240 or BIO 245/BIO 246 or their equivalent.
To be considered for admission to the Surgical Technology program students must earn a:
- Score in the 25th percentile or better in each section of the PSB/HOA exam.
- Grade of C or better in BIO 110* or equivalent.
Note: Students who have earned a grade of C or better in BIO 240 or BIO 245/BIO 246 are not required to complete BIO 110 and will be ranked first in the screening process.
- Individual PSB/HOA section percentiles are averaged together to determine a single score. BIO240 or BIO245/BIO246 (or equivalent) letter grades are given the following point values:
- A = 24 points
- B = 16 points
- C = 8 points
- Then those students who have only completed BIO110 (or equivalent) will be given points based on their letter grade:
- A = 20 points
- B = 12 points
- C = 6 points
- Accepted students will be notified by letter October 1.
Note: Criminal background checks and drug testing are required for all health professions programs. Students demonstrating a positive background check or positive drug test will be denied admission to health professions programs. Students demonstrating a positive background check or positive drug test while enrolled in health professions programs will be dismissed from the program.