Thank you for your interest in the Elgin Community College PTA Program!
The ECC PTA Program strives to be recognized as the preferred educational institution in Northwest Chicago suburbs. The PTA Program promotes professional behaviors, critical thinking skills, and competencies consistent with the physical therapy profession and essential for a career in physical therapy and the healthcare industry.
Before you start, make sure to visit the ECC PTA website to review details on the application requirements, degree plan, and ECC Health Professions Programs requirements. Below is an overview of what is needed to apply to the PTA program:
March 15th is the annual application deadline for the following fall admission.
PTA Program Application Requirements
Must complete all steps listed below.
- Apply with ECC - how to apply
- Complete and submit your health professions application by March 15, the annual application deadline for the following fall admission.
- Create an account for PTACAS and complete the application process. The application cycle starts on September 25 for admission into the fall cohort of the following year. ($25 fee)
- Complete PTA Program Mandatory Information Course online. Self-Service. You should see "CHP-900- PTA Information Course." Next, select the class, register, and provide verification of completing this information session with a Certificate on PTACAS. Read more about how to register for a non-credit course.
- Completed prerequisites BIO 110, BIO 245, (BIO 246 strongly encouraged) ENG 101, PSY 100, and Liberal Arts (3 credit) course elective with a grade of C or better. Submit unofficial transcripts to PTACAS.
- Provide three references on PTACAS to support your application. The ECC PTA program will accept references from PTs, PTAs, faculty, teachers, coaches, and employers.
- Provide official transcripts from the college or university you have attended to ECC Records Department. You must request a formal evaluation of your college course transcript.
- Please note: You must be 18 or older to sit for the state licensure examination.
If you have questions related to submitting college transcripts, please get in touch with the Records department. Transferring college credit to ECC, please make sure you have applied for admission before submitting this request. Please remember that it is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts for all colleges, universities, or the military and contact records at email@example.com or 847-214-7386 to confirm all transcripts have been received before requesting the evaluation.
Note: Health professions programs require criminal background checks, drug testing, and specific medical requirements including updated vaccinations, current CPR, and PT program students must have a driver’s license. Students demonstrating a positive background check or positive drug test will be denied admission to health professions programs. Students demonstrating a positive background check or positive drug test while enrolled in health professions programs will be dismissed from the program.
Physical Therapist Assistant Application Deadline
The applications must be submitted by March 15 to be considered for the following Fall admissions.
- Admit one time per year - Fall only.