Mammography Admissions Steps and Materials
Elgin Community College's Mammography Program provides an accessible and relevant education under the highest professional standards. In partnership with its clinical partners, the program will graduate competent mammography technologists who practice excellent patient-centered care to the diverse populations within the community.
All candidates must submit the following information/documentation by June 15 to consider their application. If June 15 falls on a weekend, packets are due on Friday before that date. Unless there is space available, late applications will be considered for the next year.
- Completed ECC application for admission.
- Complete and submit a health professions application.
- Submit documentation of successful completion of an Associate Degree in Radiography from an appropriately accredited educational program*.
- Submit documentation of current certification*.
- For applicants to the mammography programs, complete MRI-environment screening and submit other admission documents.
Applicants should indicate a preference for full-time or part-time status on the application. Priority will be given to full-time students for clinical placement.
Candidates should send documentation consisting of an official transcript and a copy of ARRT certification (and IL state license) directly to the Medical Imaging Department (please do not send it to the Registration & Records Office). You do not have to request that the transcript be evaluated.
Candidates for the Mammography Program must be ARRT-registered in radiography and a graduate of a JRCERT-accredited imaging program.