Ruby on Rails Web Developer
Ruby on Rails Professional Development Certificate
The Full Stack Web Developer with Ruby on Rails Profession
The Front-End Web Developer with Ruby on Rails program written in Ruby is designed to prepare students to design and develop websites, design and develop web applications to perform specific tasks, and maintain websites to continue to meet user needs. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals (MTA 98-375) Certification Exam. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
National certification is available for students who complete this course, including Exam 98-375: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals.
What should I know as a Ruby developer?
- Creating a basic website using HTML, CSS, styles, HTML elements, and links, video, and images
- Using Git and GitHub in Web Development
- Installing Ruby on Rails (RoR) web application framework and setting up a development environment
- Using RoR to develop a variety of static and dynamic web applications
- Using Rails to create user models, user validations, secure passwords as well as create applications to allow user sign up, log in, password reset, account activation, Microposts, and other functionality