CompTIA Network+ Professional Development Certificate
The Network Technician (CompTIA Network+) program from Continuing Education at ECC provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills to become IT network technicians. Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure basic network infrastructure, describe networking technologies, understand basic design principles, adhere to wiring standards, and use testing tools. Additional job titles include network technician, network installer, network administrator, help desk technician, and IT cable installer.
Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
National certification is available for students who complete this course, including CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) Certification exams.
Careers in the Computer Network Profession
The Network Technician (CompTIA Network+) program from Continuing Education at ECCis designed to prepare students to function as computer professionals in multiple technical, business, and healthcare settings.
Net+ technicians serve different technical support and IT operation roles with job titles such as:
- Help Desk Technician
- IS Consultant
- Network Administrator
- Network Analyst
- Network Field Technician
- Network Support Specialist
What do I need to learn for CompTIA Network+ Certification?
- Networking Concepts: Understanding the purpose of a variety of networking concepts and implementing them appropriately
- Infrastructure: Determine the appropriate cabling, device, and storage technologies for a given situation
- Network Operations: Use the best practices to manage the network
- Policies: Use best practices to determine policies and ensure business continuity
- Physical Security: Understand the various physical security needs for a network and implement appropriate solutions
- Network Security: Understand the common network attacks and securing wired and wireless networks
- Network Troubleshooting: Effectively implement network troubleshooting methodologies
- Network Tools: Use the appropriate tools to support connectivity and performance
As applicable, the self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months of access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials