Intro to Industrial Arts Careers
Registration is now open for Spring 2021 classes which start in January. Registration for fall 2020 has closed. Adult Basic Education classes are currently delivered online. Please complete our form to sign up for classes and we will contact you with details.
ECC offers the training you need to prepare for a career in the industrial arts. There is a high demand for skilled workers in CNC operation, welding, logistics, quality control, maintenance, programming, design, technical sales, and more. Advanced manufacturing careers offer opportunities to a highly trained workforce capable of using their heads as well as their hands!
Our free Introduction to Industrial Arts Careers course gives you an overview of ECC certificates and degrees to help you understand which industrial arts profession that is best for you.
In this course you will:
- Explore the requirements, expectations, and outlooks for different career pathways in industrial arts.
- Develop basic academic and career readiness skills necessary for success in an industrial art program of study.
- Learn about budgeting, financial aid, and educational support services available at ECC and in the community.
- Develop reading strategies that help to interpret and apply information from academic and industrial arts texts.
- Solve fundamental math problems encountered in the field, including measurements, decimals, and fractions.
At the end of the course, you will meet with the transitions coordinator to discuss your academic and career plans.
Sign-up for classes using our online form and we will contact you to complete the process.