Intro to Industrial Arts Careers
If you are interested in Adult Basic Education classes, complete the inquiry form to start the process, and we will contact you with details. Questions? Call 847-214-6904 or email ABECRegistration@elgin.edu.
ECC offers the training you need to prepare for a career in the industrial arts. There is a high demand for skilled workers in CNC operation, welding, logistics, quality control, maintenance, programming, design, technical sales, and more. Advanced manufacturing careers offer opportunities to a highly trained workforce capable of using their heads and their hands!
Our free Introduction to Industrial Arts Careers course gives you an overview of ECC certificates and degrees to help you understand which industrial arts profession is best for you.
In this course, you will:
- Explore the requirements, expectations, and outlooks for different career pathways in industrial arts.
- Develop basic academic and career readiness skills necessary for success in an industrial art program of study.
- Learn about budgeting, financial aid, and educational support services available at ECC and in the community.
- Develop reading strategies that help to interpret and apply information from academic and industrial arts texts.
- Solve fundamental math problems in the field, including measurements, decimals, and fractions.
At the end of the course, you will meet with the transitions coordinator to discuss your academic and career plans.
Please fill out our inquiry form to receive more information about how to register for ABE/ASE classes.
Email ABECRegistration@elgin.edu or call 847-214-6904 for more information.
Approximately $760,285 (42%) of the Illinois Adult Education and Literacy Program cost at Elgin Community College is federally funded under Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014.