Intro to Business and Finance, Information Technology
For Illinois High School Diploma (GED®) and Intermediate or Advanced ESL students
ECC offers the training you need to prepare for business, finance, or entrepreneurship careers. Learn about business basics, management principles, marketing concepts, logistics, financial accounting, entrepreneurship, and more. Learn the skills required to meet the demands of corporate functions and develop solid industry knowledge and understanding of business foundations. Prepare for employment in today’s ever-changing business world!
This free Introduction to Business & Finance Careers bridge course gives you an overview of ECC certificates and business, finance, and entrepreneurship degrees. It also includes various activities to help you choose the business or finance profession that is best for you.
In this course, you will:
- Explore the requirements, expectations, and outlooks for business, finance, and entrepreneurship career pathways.
- Develop basic academic and essential employability skills necessary for success in related programs of study.
- Learn about budgeting, financial aid, and academic support services available at ECC and in the community.
- Use reading strategies that help to interpret and apply information from academic and professional texts, spreadsheets, charts, and tables.
- Apply decision-making models, develop leadership skills, and practice self-advocacy.
- Create spreadsheets with simple formulas and presentations incorporating job market research.
At the end of the course, you will meet with the transitions coordinator to discuss an academic and career plan.
Stevens Amendment (FY24):
Approximately $718,727 (40%) of the Illinois Adult Education and Literacy Program cost at Elgin Community College is federally funded under Title II, Adult Education and Family Literacy of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014.