Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is a federally funded program that helps you start, continue, or finish your education. Choose from more than 85 options with industry-recognized, certificate-bearing training programs in occupations where there is stability and growth.
Hot Career Areas Offer Opportunities for Growth
- Advertising and Marketing
- Business and Financial Operations
- Business Management and Administration
- Environmental Services
- Family and Community Services
- Fire and Emergency Services
- Medical Administration and Support Services
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
- Food and Beverage Services
- Health Professions
- Information Technology
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
- Legal Services
- Maintenance and Operations
- Manufacturing Production
- US DOL Registered Apprenticeship Program
Eligible Groups for Certification and Training
Some possible ways to qualify include:
- Certain veterans or veteran spouses.
- Dislocated workers due to plant closures, company downsizing, or other significant changes in market conditions.
- Not working as a result of general economic conditions.
- Being a displaced homemaker.
Finish Your Program Ready to Work
No out-of-pocket costs
- Books, materials, uniforms, transportation, or other needs related to getting your certificate are provided at no cost.
Plenty of Support
- Dedicated WIOA coaches to help you complete your program, plus you’ll receive all the perks of being an ECC student, including wellness and academic counseling, student life activities, tutoring, mentorship programs, job search assistance, and career development assistance.
What Are My Next Steps?
Inquire today and attend an informational session to see if you qualify for free training!
“This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.”