Elgin Community College's robust internship program helps prepare and match well-qualified students with excellent local and national internship opportunities.
Students gain relevant work experience in their programs of study, and companies build a recruiting pipeline with up-and-coming professionals – a win/win for everyone!
Student Intern Benefits
- Apply what you are learning in your courses in a real-world environment.
- Increase your experience and skills in your chosen career field.
- Build your soft skills and emotional intelligence.
- Grow a professional network.
- Learn about a company.
- Solidify your career goals.
- Gain a competitive edge in the current job market.
- Identify qualified candidates in a variety of career pathways.
- Host enthusiastic students who are studying the most recent technologies and strategies.
- Use a cost-effective way to enhance your team's strengths and increase productivity.
- "Test drive" potential employees and build a recruiting pipeline.
- Work with students who know the importance of soft skills.
- Be a mentor to the future workforce.
Internships allow students to explore career possibilities and develop the skills needed to succeed!
Employers: Get Started
- Review the Employer-Sponsor-Handbook.
- Review the Fair Labor Standards Act (Fact Sheet #71).
- Posting your Internship Positions:
If you have questions or would like to discuss an internship relationship with ECC:
- Submit an Employer Internship Interest Form.
- Post your Internship Position on College Central Network for students to apply.