ICAPS Support Program
Integrated Career & Academic Preparation System Program Benefits
- A clear pathway of courses that leads to a vocational certificate.
- Free academic support, including personalized one-on-one advising.
- Free loaner textbooks.
- Free career navigation classes.
- A dedicated student support specialist who provides job search assistance, including résumé and interview skills development.
- The advantage of taking classes with the same group of peers throughout the program.
Who Can Participate?
ICAPS is open to all students, especially those who are:
- Daytime students.
- Looking to complete a vocational certificate quickly to earn a family-sustaining wage.
- Pursuing an Associate of Applied Science degree in one of the ICAPS career pathways.
- Able to commit to completing the program in one year or less.
ICAPS Career Pathways
Integrated Career & Academic Preparation System students will complete a Basic Vocational Specialist (BVS) certificate in the program of their choice in less than one year.
One Semester Programs
- Dental Office Aide
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B)
- Residential HVAC Service Technician
- Sterile Processing and Distribution
Two Semester Programs
- Basic Nurse Assistant (BNA) Training Program*
- Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator
- Industrial Maintenance (IST)
Additional stackable certifications leading to an Associate of Applied Science Degree are available in most program areas for students who wish to continue their studies.
*The BNA/Phlebotomy programs require two semesters of coursework and a three-week clinical after the coursework is completed.
Upon earning a basic vocational specialist certificate through ICAPS, students may choose to enter the workforce and/or continue to pursue additional certificates or an associate degree. For more information, contact a student support specialist at 847-214-7390 or stop by B120, Student Success Center, to schedule an appointment.