Planning and Institutional Effectiveness
The Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (PIE) oversees the development and execution of strategic and operational planning throughout the college. This office works in a collaborative manner with academic departments, finance, technology, and marketing and communications.
Within the office, Institutional Research (IR) prepares analytical studies, conducts research, and compiles reports on scientific findings to support planning efforts. The team is tasked to gather, analyze, and summarize data relevant to ECC's students, faculty, staff, administrators, board of trustees, and other stakeholders within the community.
Through statistical research, PIE meets the detailed reporting needs of higher education associations and state and federal agencies in areas such as accreditation, program success results, policy effectiveness, student success and retention rates, enrollment projections, and other reports.
Planning and Accreditation
PIE creates and updates strategic and operating plans, reports progress each year in fulfilling college-wide goals, and maintains reports for regional accreditation and state recognition.
- Strategic Plan 2018 - 2022 - PDF
- Operating Plan 2018 - PDF
- Performance Report FY18 - PDF
- Performance Report FY17 - PDF
- Performance Report FY16 - PDF
- Performance Report FY15 - PDF
- Quality Initiative Purposeful Budgeting 2015 - PDF
- Approval for 2015/2016 Reaffirmation of Accreditation - PDF
- Final Report (HLC Team) for Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2015 - PDF
- Assurance Argument (ECC) for Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2015 - PDF
- Recognition Report for the Illinois Community College Board 2017 - PDF
Institutional Research serves the campus community by conducting quantitative and qualitative research on enrollment and student success as part of the ECC Strategic Plan. Many reports and communications are done in fulfillment of federal, state, and regional requirements and through voluntary efforts such as Achieving the Dream. Each month the office’s monthly newsletter, the Piece of the PIE, highlights a research project the college has engaged in. Other reports include annual student success reports and reports to the Illinois Community College Board.
- 2017 Piece of PIE Portfolio - PDF
- 2016 Piece of PIE Portfolio - PDF
- 2015 Piece of PIE Portfolio - PDF
- Student Success Report to Achieving the Dream for 2018 - PDF
- Student Success Report to Achieving the Dream for 2017 - PDF
- Underrepresented Groups Report to the Illinois Community College Board 2019 - PDF
- Underrepresented Groups Report to the Illinois Community College Board 2018 - PDF
- Underrepresented Groups Report to the Illinois Community College Board 2017 - PDF