Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
Department & Committee Information
The Assessment Department plans, organizes, supports and documents assessment activities throughout the college. The Office of Compliance, Curriculum and Assessment falls under the Division of Teaching, Learning and Student Development.
The assessment committee is comprised of faculty to help ECC improve student learning and strengthen its curriculum and services.
Components of College-Wide Outcome Assessment
General Education Outcomes
- Learning which broadly prepares students for careers and further education
- Knowledge and skills gained from courses, extra-curricular activities and other college experiences
- Reading, writing, scientific literacy, quantitative literacy, critical thinking, technology, information literacy, and global awareness
- Knowledge and skills obtained at the completion of a sequence of courses or a specific curriculum
- Knowledge and skills obtained at the end of a specific course
- Classroom assessment techniques (CATs) used by faculty within the classroom setting to enhance teaching and learning
Student Satisfaction & Engagement
- Surveys to measure students' opinions, perceptions, experiences and behaviors
- Integral data for planning quality improvement initiatives throughout the college