At ECC, we support your work through multiple professional development offerings and academic resources. ECC offers dozens of workshops each semester, including leadership development, campus safety, and specific computer skills. In addition to live, instructor-led classes, ECC employees can also take advantage of online courses offered through our institutional learning department.
New Employee Orientation
Scheduled several times each year, ECC hosts a day-long orientation for recently hired employees. This session ensures you have a complete introduction to the full range of offerings, departments, and services offered at the college. You’ll end the day with a deeper understanding of ECC's culture, mission, and shared values. New employees are invited to this session within the first few weeks of employment. Questions? Contact Human Resources or your manager.
Professional Development Reimbursement
ECC wants you to have the most up-to-date knowledge to succeed. Depending on your work classification, you may be eligible for reimbursements for tuition and other expenses related to your professional goals. Consult your employee benefits summary and/or contract, as appropriate.
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity Resources
- The Equitable Workplace: Cultivating Attitudes of Anti-Racism and Allyship
- Seeking Cultural Consciousness and Competence in Hiring
- Advanced Institutional Leadership in Equity
Center for the Enhancement of Teaching, Assessment, and Learning (CETAL)
CETAL offers programs dedicated to furthering equity, inclusion, and diversity throughout campus each semester.
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Universal Design for Learning
- Infusing Equity into Any Online Class
- Growth Mindset: Developing a New Classroom Culture
- We are Not Listening: Supporting Trans* and Gender Non-Conforming Students
- Your Syllabus as an Equity Tool
Faculty Development, Research & Scholarships
ECC recognizes the faculty's integral role and provides instruction-related resources to support your teaching and encourage your growth as an academic professional.
- CETAL offers faculty development resources, programs, and opportunities to connect with colleagues and learn new skills. Employees can find details on CETAL’s website. Sign-in required.
- Faculty development funding can cover the costs of tuition, conferences, materials, and more. Eligible faculty members are invited to submit a sabbatical proposal.
- Explore mentoring opportunities with experienced faculty members through the ECC Teaching Pairs program and/or join the Faculty Research Community to design and administer a research project and a faculty cohort.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive classroom environment through training opportunities that address cultural responsivity and related topics.
- Learn about best practices in teaching and classroom innovation through the annual TeachECC event.
- Explore and apply for grants through the ECC Foundation and the Grants & Research Development Office.
As a part of their overall professional development, ECC offers employees the following courses:
- Faculty and Staff Workplace Inclusion Suite
- FERPA Basics
- Clery Act Basics
- Protecting Youth: Abuse and Neglect Prevention
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Community College Students