Part-Time Support Staff (SSECCA) Benefits Summary
The information provided here contains general guidelines and information. If you have questions on the eligibility or applicability of a benefit or policy, please refer to the administrative procedures and benefit documents and forms on my.elgin.edu and/or contact Human Resources (HR) Department.
The Health Insurance Marketplace can help employees evaluate coverage options, including eligibility and cost. Visit HealthCare.gov for information.
Dental and Vision Insurance
Delta Dental offers special pricing on individual dental insurance policies to ECC employees.
VSP Direct offers individual vision insurance policies to ECC employees.
The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) provides retirement, disability, death, and survivors’ benefits to eligible SURS participants and annuitants. ECC employees contribute a fixed percentage of gross earnings, which is deposited into the employee's chosen retirement plan. In addition, employees contribute a fixed percentage of earnings to fund a retiree health insurance plan.
Employees may elect to participate in a 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity plan and/or a 457(b) deferred compensation plan. Both plans allow employees to save for retirement by setting aside earnings on a pre-tax basis.
Time Off With Pay
ECC believes employees should have generous opportunities to enjoy time away from work to help balance their lives. As such, part-time SSECCA employees will accrue paid time off (PTO) as follows*:
- 0 to 1 year of continuous, completed service: 0.0402 per hr worked.
- 2 to 3 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0442 per hr worked.
- 4 to 5 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0482 per hr worked.
- 6 to 7 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0522 per hr worked.
- 8 to 9 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0562 per hr worked.
- 10+ years of continuous, completed service: 0.0602 per hr worked.
Eligible employees may be reimbursed for pre-approved professional growth activities.
Eligible employees may receive reimbursement of tuition for credit courses they, their spouse, or children age twenty-five (25) or younger take at Elgin Community College, earning a grade of "C" or better.*
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program available 24/7.
- Be sure to ask about discounts provided to ECC employees when frequenting local businesses.
- See our Work-Life Balance information for other wellness benefits that may be available.