Part-Time Administrative Benefits Summary
Schedule of part-time administrative (Non-Union) benefits
The information provided here contains general guidelines and information. If you have questions on eligibility or applicability of a benefit or policy, please refer to the Administrative Procedures and benefit documents and forms located on eNet and/or contact Human Resources-Benefits by calling 847-214-7988 or 847-214-7125.
The Health Insurance Marketplace can help employees evaluate coverage options, including eligibility and cost. Visit HealthCare.gov for information.
Delta Dental offers special pricing on individual dental insurance policies to ECC employees. More information can be found on ECC’s intranet. Log in via the accessECC portal.
VSP Direct offers individual vision insurance policies to ECC employees. More information can be found on ECC’s intranet. Log in via the accessECC portal.
The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) provides retirement, disability, death and survivors’ benefits to eligible SURS participants and annuitants. ECC employees contribute a fixed percentage of gross earnings which is deposited into the employee's chosen retirement plan. In addition, employees contribute a fixed percentage of earnings to fund a retiree health insurance plan.
Employees may elect to participate in a 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity plan and/or a 457(b) deferred compensation plan. Both plans allow employees to save for retirement by setting aside earnings on a pre-tax basis.
Time Off with Pay
ECC believes that employees should have generous opportunities to enjoy time away from work to help balance their lives. As such, part-time administrative employees will accrue paid time off (PTO) as follows*:
- Paid Time Off:
- 0-1 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0602 per hr worked.
- 2-3 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0643 per hr worked.
- 4-5 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0683 per hr worked.
- 6-7 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0723 per hr worked.
- 8-9 years of continuous, completed service: 0.0803 per hr worked.
- 10+ years of continuous, completed service: 0.1004 per hr worked.
- Holidays: Part-time administrative employees (working half-time or more on a regular basis) will be paid for the following holidays as well as days the college experiences unexpected closures if the day occurs on a day scheduled to work (unless required to work):
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Each fiscal year, eligible employees have the opportunity to use funds (up to $1,300) for pre-approved professional growth and development activities and purchases. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.*
Part-time administrative employees (working half-time or more on a regular basis) may be eligible to receive reimbursement of tuition for credit courses they, their spouse, or children age twenty-five (25) or younger take at Elgin Community College in which they earn a grade of "C" or better.*
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program available 24/7.
- Be sure to ask about discounts provided to ECC employees when frequenting local businesses.
- See our Work-Life Balance information for other wellness benefits that may be available.
Please refer to the Administrative Procedures available on eNet via the accessECC portal.