ECC Retiree Committee
Monthly "Third Thursdays" Breakfast Get-Togethers
When:October 17, November 21 and December 19.
Cost:Separate checks are provided and Brianna's accepts most major credit cards or checks along with cash.
Address:572 Randall Rd., South Elgin, IL 60177.
Registration:No RSVP needed.
Find a seat at the ECC Retirees breakfast table every “Third Thursday” to catch up with fellow ECC retirees.
ECC Retiree Discounts
ECC retirees save 10% at the ECC Arts Center for Touring Artists and college productions. Must mention the ECC retiree discount and purchase tickets in person at the Box Office or by phone 847-622-0300. Discount is not available for online purchases.
Spartan Terrace Restaurant offers $2 off a lunch entrée if you mention you are an ECC retiree when you make your lunch reservation. For the fall 2019 semester, reservations are required and the restaurant is open for lunch on most Tuesdays & Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. To make your reservation, call 847-214-7382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 24 & 26
October 1, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, & 31
November 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, & 26
ECC Retirees are valued members of the ECC community! If you want to continue to make a difference helping ECC students and the college, various volunteer opportunities are available year-round.
Fall 2019 volunteer opportunities include:
- Callers for the college's "Re-enrollment Phone-a-thon" on November 11 and 12. Contact Jennifer Strohl at email@example.com.
- Mentors for high school students in ECC’s Transition Academy – launched in 2013 as part of the Alliance for College Readiness, the program empowers 9th through 12th-grade students in District 509 to make positive academic and life choices that enable them to succeed in college. Contact Cathy Schaff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-214-7909.
- “Wardrobe Assistants” helping students before Commencement Ceremonies on December 14. Contact Jennifer Strohl at email@example.com.
- Callers for the ECC Foundation Giving Tuesday Phone-a-thon on Tuesday, December 3. Contact Sheri Lacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arts Center volunteer ushers are needed year-round.
Volunteer opportunities are also shared by ECCP-3 and in the ECC Retiree Facebook Group. To sign up or to receive more information about volunteer opportunities at ECC, please contact the ECC Foundation at 847-214-7377 or email@example.com.
Retiree Facebook Group
Hear about more upcoming events, get-togethers, and other happenings while you stay connected with other ECC retirees. Request to join this closed group on the Retiree Facebook group page.