Use and Rental of Campus Hallways, Atriums and Grounds 6.202
Elgin Community College intends that maximum use be made of College buildings and grounds facilities within the framework of the educational mission of the College. [See 110 ILCS 805/3-43.] Nevertheless, general buildings, grounds, and other facilities have been developed and are intended to be used for activities associated with the College. For that reason, all College facilities are non-public forums and unavailable for use by the general public, except as otherwise provided in this procedure.
When not required for activities associated with the College, hallways, atriums, and grounds will be made available for rental to outside businesses and/or not-for-profit organizations.
For facilities usage regulations please refer to Administrative Procedure 6.208 – “Facilities Usage Regulations”. These regulations only set guidelines and may be modified at any time without notice.
The following additional usage regulations apply to ECC hallways, atriums, and grounds:
- All organizations requesting the use of hallways, atriums, and/or grounds must obtain permission from the Facilities Rental department. The Facilities Rental department will coordinate and secure approval from the appropriate departments as required.
- ECC reserves the right to prohibit any display, exhibit, or event that upon review has been determined to be inconsistent with the usage permitted.
- Requesting organizations will limit displays to the space provided and may not be disruptive to others.
- Representatives of the requesting organization must remain in the reserved area during the event.
- All printed material to be distributed or displayed must be approved by the Facilities Rental department before the event and the materials cannot be left behind when the requesting organization or presenter leaves the area at the conclusion of the event.
Priorities for scheduling hallways, atriums, and grounds will be set in accordance with the following priority schedule:
|FACILITY||PRIORITY 1||PRIORITY 2||PRIORITY 3|
|Hallways, atriums and/or Grounds||Official college-wide events||Official college-sponsored events||External lessees|
FACILITIES RENTAL-HALLWAY, ATRIUM AND GROUNDS USE CONTACT: