Academic Renewal (Fresh Start) 4.105


Re-entering students who have not attended ECC for a period of at least 10 years, may petition to have all prior grades (including passing grades) removed from the calculation of their Grade Point Average (GPA).  However, all previous grades will remain on student transcripts. To be considered for Academic Renewal, students must complete a request for Academic Renewal and develop a success plan. 

For further guidelines and the request form, students should begin with their academic advisor. Forms are then sent to the Director of Student Success and Judicial Affairs in the Dean of Students’ Office.

Students seeking financial aid should also contact the Director of Financial Aid.