- Never leave personal property unattended even for a few seconds. That includes books, jackets, handbags, book bags, wallets, keys, etc.
- Lock your desk, locker or office door when unattended.
- Store any valuables in your vehicle in the glove compartment or locked in your trunk. Do not leave valuables in plain view.
- Mark personal property with an engraving pencil when practical, and write your name in all books.
- Maintain a record of your valuables including serial and model numbers, identifying characteristics, and value.
- Keep handbags/purses closed to prevent onlookers from seeing the contents and never set them on the floor in a restroom.
- Do not carry large sums of money or other valuables unless absolutely necessary.
- Be mindful of your personal belongings when you engage in sporting or athletic events and other student life activities.