Evacuation Assembly Points (EAP) - During a fire or other emergency, visitors, employees, and students are provided with assembly point locations as an option during the evacuation. Evacuation assembly points have been marked on the map as EAP #1, EAP #2, EAP #3, EAP #4, and EAP #5. Review the emergency procedures for more information.
Smoke-Free Campus - The college policy complies with the Illinois Smoke-Free Campus Act, which means smoking will be prohibited on all ECC campuses, with the exception of designated parking lots. Smoking will be allowed in personal vehicles in parking lots A, H, and J. Review smoking and tobacco use on campus procedure for more information.
The ECC Campus address is 1700 Spartan Drive in Elgin, located at McLean Boulevard and Spartan Drive, a quarter-mile south of US 20 and a half-mile east of Randall Road in southwest Elgin. Get driving directions
Outdoor Wi-Fi access points on campus:
- Building B space near Lake Spartan, the second-floor patio, and the second-floor at the Alumni Courtyard.
- Building C (Library) Green Space.
- Building F on the second floor at the Alumni Courtyard.
- Building I courtyard near the Culinary Arts department.
- Building J (Events Center) parking lot.
- Building K (Adult Basic Education Center) parking lot.
- Building M parking lot.
These rooms are located in Building B, behind the Cafeteria:
- Heritage Room, B180
- Community Room, B181
- Alumni Room, B182
ECC has several gender-neutral bathrooms that are open to the public.
- Building A, Room A158
- Building C, Room C133
- Building E, Rooms E100.04, and E216.02
- Building H, Rooms H139, and H140
- Building K, Rooms K104, and K159
Parking lots B, C, D, E, K, and along Chipman Circle and Hoffer Drive. Learn more about parking on campus
There are multiple locations on campus. View computer lab locations
Please remember that all items found on campus should be delivered to Lost & Found at the First Stop office located at Building A, Room A100. You can also call 847-697-1000 to speak to the switchboard operator. You may reclaim a lost article with proper identification. ECC will donate items not claimed after six months to a local charity.
The campus has two auditoriums. These locations are:
- Seigle Auditorium, Building E, Room E125, next to the dining room.
- Spartan Auditorium, Building G, Room G100, next to library entrance.