The ECC campus has more than 3,600 free parking places, including spaces reserved for persons with disabilities.
Please adhere to parking signs as posted. Vehicles parked in violation of these regulations may be ticketed. View administration procedure 3.702 for more information.
- Contractors only area
- Double parking
- Driveway/blocking driveways
- Driving lanes of parking lots
- Fire lanes
- Handicap spaces without a placard or a license plate ($350 fine)
- Loading docks
- Maintenance service areas
- Obstructing roadways
- On the grass or island in lots
- Overnight parking without ECC police approval
- Overtime parking (10-minute zone)
- Parking in multiple spaces
- Passenger curb loading zone
- Restricted lots without permit/tag
- Safety zone
- Yellow curbs
ECC police and Elgin police enforce violations.
Full- and part-time faculty and staff need a permit to park in employee lots. Student workers are not eligible for employee parking permits. The first permit is free; replacements cost $3 each. Permits and related information are available at the ECC Police Department.
Persons with Disabilities
Handicap parking is available throughout the campus. A parking placard or disability license plate is required. Learn about Illinois Handicap Parking
ECC tickets are payable at the Student Accounts, Building B, Room B151, Spartan Drive Campus.
Any violation written by the City of Elgin must be appealed through the City of Elgin court system, not the college.
Appeal ECC Parking Ticket
Complete a Parking Appeals Committee form. Submit the completed form to the ECC Parking Appeals Committee and deposit it in a campus mailbox or mail it to:
- ECC Parking Appeals Committee
1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123