Central to the community we serve.
Current status: Partial Opening
Effective dates: 6/1/2020 - 08/09/2020
Entry to Buildings: A-2, H-1, M-1.4, O-1.1, O-16
What does this mean?
To reintegrate critical employees and a limited number of students onto the physical campus for essential functions and classes that cannot be carried out remotely. The primary focus is implementing recommended physical distancing measures, procuring, and installing additional personal protective equipment to ensure staff and students' safety.
Specific measures have been put into place to protect the health and safety of the entire college community as we work together to limit the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, only employees identified by their supervisors as having critical functions will be permitted on campus, unless other arrangements are made. All students, employees, vendors and necessary visitors on campus must wear a face covering and stay six feet apart. Do not come to campus if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, coughing, or difficulty breathing.
Cleaning Protocols & Personal Hygiene
- Sanitizer stations have been installed throughout campus
- On-campus cleaning schedules and protocols will be enhanced
Face Coverings & Face Masks
- Face coverings will be required for all and will be provided, as needed.
- Employees will work in zones to maintain social distancing using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Social & Physical Distancing
- Social distancing will be practiced; floor markers have been placed throughout campus.
- Protective barriers, such as Plexiglas, have been installed in high traffic areas.
The following services will continue to be provided to students remotely throughout the Partial Opening phase:
- Academic and Transfer Advising
- Admissions and Recruitment
- Career Development Services
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- First Stop / Records and Registration
- Student Accounts
- Student Disability Services
- Student Life and First Year Programs
- Student Success and Judicial Affairs
- Testing Services
- Transfer Services
- Veterans Services
- Wellness Services
See the remote hub for details on what services are available during the partial opening phase.
Partial Opening Phase
While there remains a great deal of uncertainty regarding what our “new normal” will look like, we remain committed to student success.
To keep our students and campus community safe, fall 2020 classes will be offered primarily online – with face-to-face instruction provided only when necessary. Learn more about what to expect in the Fall 2020 semester.
Meetings, Events & Visitors
- All events are canceled.
- Large gatherings of more than 10 people are not permitted.
- ECC facilities are not open to the general public, although limited on-campus appointments are available.
Reporting to Campus
- Spring classes with lab components will resume on campus.
- Most employees, except those identified as having critical functions on campus, will continue to work remotely.
- All summer courses will be conducted online.
- All work and classroom areas have been reviewed and modified to ensure proper physical distancing.
- As always, if you are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms including fever, coughing, or difficulty breathing, do not come to campus.
- No college sponsored travel at this time.
On-campus resources online - everything you need to support your education outside the classroom.
Latest advice and guidelines for staying safe and healthy.
Job Search HelpFree help with a job search, workshops, short-term job training opportunities, one-on-one coaching during a time of high unemployment.
Current Coronavirus information that directly impacts the ECC community.
We offer small companies in management, marketing, finance, and operations advice at no cost.
Elgin Community College continues to offer superb educational courses and degrees for residents of Algonquin*, Bartlett, Burlington, Campton Hills*, Carpentersville*, East Dundee, Elgin, Gilberts, Hampshire, Hanover Park*, Lake in the Hills*, Lily Lake, Pingree Grove, Plato Center, Sleepy Hollow, South Elgin, St. Charles, Streamwood, Wasco, Wayne and West Dundee.
Some people with addresses in Barrington Hills, Carol Stream, Cary, Elburn, Fox River Grove, Hoffman Estates, Huntley, LaFox, Maple Park, Schaumburg, Sycamore, Virgil and West Chicago are also part of the Elgin Community College district.
*Portions of these communities are not in District 509.