Distinguished Alumni Award Nominations
- Submit completed nomination form by Monday, October 8, 2018 at midnight CST.
- Nominees can self-nominate or be nominated by someone else.
- If nominating someone else, we appreciate to as many responses as possible to the questions about the nominee. However, the only required response for a nominator in the “About the Nominee” section is why you believe the person should be considered for the award. ECC Alumni Relations can contact the nominee for responses that the nominator is unable to provide.
- If self-nominating, at least one letter of recommendation must be submitted.
- Letter(s) of recommendation and supplemental materials may be submitted to email@example.com
- Candidate attended Elgin Community College and completed credit courses.
- The candidate must demonstrate achievement of an exceptional nature and show professional growth within their chosen field.
- Through leadership and/or active volunteering, the candidate has made a positive impact on his/her community.
- Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Must demonstrate an interest in support of higher education and community colleges.
- To be considered, the nominee must provide a brief self-statement (250 words or less) describing how the nominee's life has been shaped by a community college education.
- If selected, candidate agrees to be present at the ECC Foundation's on Sunday, February 17, 2019 to accept the award.
- Completion of a recognized program of instruction at an Illinois public community college.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Has attended a community college for at least 30 semester hours.
- Has achieved recognition at a national level.
- One page resume or biographical sketch of nominee.
- Available to attend Outstanding Alumni Awards Gala in April 2019 in the U.S. city where the event will be held.
- Willing to work with college personnel to produce materials for a video produced by the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) that will be shown at the awards presentation which is comprised of photographs, video, audio and other print materials that will illustrate the awardee's story.
- Three (3) 5x7 photos or 300 DPI electronic photo (print quality) submitted on disk or CD.
- Willingness to sign photo and model release forms.
To register nominee, complete the form. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.*