At Your Service
Bldg B, Room B210, ECC Campus
1. What is eTime?
Answer: A real-time system used to:
- Record and submit work time and/or time off (for current or past dates)
- Request time off (for future dates)
- View available leave balances
Answer: All ECC employees in position assignments that either have paid leave time or are paid for hours worked. This does NOT include non-unit adjunct teaching faculty, presenters or other assignments paid by teaching contract or special payment form who do not have paid leave time.
3. What are my responsibilities in the system?
Answer: That depends on your position type(s):
- All employees are responsible for submitting their weekly timesheet by the deadline; email reminders are sent by the system.
- Exempt employees (not eligible for overtime)
- Teaching faculty and administrative group employees request time off and record absence time. No work time is reported. Leave bank balances are displayed in days.
- SSECCA staff and full-time counselors and librarians report hours worked by day, request time off, and record absence time. Leave bank balances are displayed in hours.
- Non-Exempt employees (eligible for overtime)
- SSECCA, part-time counselors and librarians, lab instructors and administrative group employees report in and out times using the web clock or the timesheet (depending on the department – see your supervisor for more information), request time off, and record absence time. Leave bank balances are displayed in hours. Non-exempt employees are paid based upon hours reported. Refer to the Results tab along the bottom of your timesheet screen for the calculated results of your timesheet.
- IBEW, temporary, seasonal, tutors and other contingent employees, and student workers use the web clock to record in and out times. They also request time off and record absence time. Leave bank balances are displayed in hours. Non-exempt employees are paid based upon hours reported. Refer to the Results tab along the bottom of your timesheet screen for the calculated results of your timesheet.
- Supervisors are responsible for:
- Assigning a schedule to full-time employees and part-time administrative group employees. Schedules for other employees in the system are optional.
- Reviewing, acting upon when necessary, and approving weekly timesheets.
- Reviewing and acting upon timesheet exception messages.
- Reviewing and acting upon time off requests.
- Processing and approving amended timesheets as necessary.
- Completing timesheets on behalf of employees who are unable to do so due to a leave of absence or other such circumstance.
- Delegating their responsibilities to another supervisor (who is not a direct report) when unable to fulfill their supervisor responsibilities in the system.
4. Where do I get training and other help with the system?
- Start with the training videos and documents posted to this page.
- Follow your supervisor’s instructions; get help from your Supervisor on any remaining questions you may have.
- Supervisors should escalate issues as needed to payroll.
Timesheet Entry Questions
1. The “worked” pay code does not appear in my pay code drop down list.
Answer: IBEW, Temporary, seasonal, contingent and student worker employees must use the web clock to punch in and out. Select the Go to Web Clock link from your eTime home page. Additionally, teaching faculty and exempt administrative group employees do not report work time, only leave time.
2. Can I enter future hours worked on my timesheet?
Answer: No. Only leave time can be entered for a future date.
3. Can I revise my timesheet once it has been submitted and/or processed?
Answer: Yes, select the “Recall” button at the top of the timesheet, make the changes, save and re-submit. If your timesheet has already been approved by your supervisor or by payroll, you will need to ask your supervisor to make the revisions.
4. How will I see my overtime or comp time hours earned for the week?
Answer: Select on the Results tab along the bottom of your timesheet screen for the calculated results of your timesheet. The Time Off Balance tab displays your leave time bank balances and summary transactions by day.
5. How do I convert overtime to comp time earned?
Answer: Eligible employees with overtime calculated on their Results tab can add a separate line item to their timesheet using the “Convert Overtime to Comp Time Earned” pay code to indicate the number of hours they would like to convert. The hours entered cannot exceed the overtime hours displaying on the Results tab. Hours converted to Comp Time that cause the comp time bank to exceed the maximum allowable balance will be converted back to overtime by the system.
6. How will I see my personal, vacation or sick time accruals?
Answer: Select on the Time Off Balance tab along the bottom of your timesheet screen to view details of transactions and available balances.
7. My bank says I have leave time remaining, but I get an error message when I try to use it.
Answer: Select on the Time Off Balance tab along the bottom of your timesheet screen. If the bank you are trying to use has transactions for the week, a link to Show Details>> will appear. Select it to see on what date leave time was credited (added) to your bank for the week. Time cannot be used prior to the date it was added to the bank. Additionally, exempt administrative group employees whose leave bank balances appear in days may need to account for rounding when identifying how many hours are available to use.
1. How can I view a report of the exceptions in place on my employees’ timesheets before I approve them?
Answer: Go to ‘View Reports’ from your home page and search on the word ‘exception’. Select the ‘Time Sheet Exceptions’ report. Supply the ‘Pay Period End Date’ (always a Sunday), choose the ‘Assignment Group List(s)’ you want to see (hold down the Ctrl key to select more than one), select all options in the ‘Choose Exception Codes’ field (select and drag down the list or select the first, hold down the shift key and select the last one in the list), and leave the ‘Lowest Severity Code to Report’ set to “No Exception”. Select ‘Run Now’ (upper left of report window).
2. I need to change my employee’s timesheet, but the system says it’s already been approved.
Answer: If payroll hasn’t yet locked the timesheet, go to the Approve Time Sheets screen, uncheck the box next to the employee’s timesheet you want to edit, save, make the timesheet edits and re-approve the timesheet. If payroll has locked the timesheet, you will need to wait until the timesheet is closed, and then amend it. Amended timesheets must be approved by the employee’s supervisor in order to be processed by payroll.
3. Can my employee amend or edit a previously closed timesheet?
Answer: No, you will need to do this on their behalf.
4. How do I amend a timesheet?
Answer: Go to Edit Employee Time, navigate to the timesheet that needs to be amended, select the Amend button at the top of the screen, make the necessary edits and Save. Then, go to the Approve Time Sheets screen and approve the amended timesheet. It will not be processed until you do so. Tip: If you have multiple timesheets to amend for an employee, begin with the most recent timesheet that needs to be amended and work your way backwards.
5. How do I add an employee to my list of employees?
Answer: Eligible employees and their assignments are updated each night from the Human Resources database (see the "Who Uses eTime?" FAQ for details on which assignments are uploaded to eTime). If your eligible employee has an outlook email address, this is an indication the employee is in the Human Resources database and should be appearing in eTime as well. Contact payroll for resolution. If your eligible employee does not have an outlook email address, either the hiring or the onboarding process has not yet been completed. Refer to the applicant tracking system and if necessary, contact the Human Resources/Employment office for resolution.
6. How do I remove an employee from my list of employees?
Answer: If the employee’s assignment has ended, promptly complete an Employee Action Form (EAF) and send to Human Resources for processing. If you already submitted an EAF form and the employee continues to appear after 10 business days, contact Human Resources for resolution. Please note that inactive teaching faculty will still appear on your lists until Human Resources is informed that they have resigned or they have reached their maximum allowable period of inactivity.