At Your Service
Early Childhood Laboratory School
Bldg M, Room M137, ECC Campus
Hours: M-Th 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
F 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Fridays June - Aug.
Programs for Preschoolers
The highly trained and professional staff of the ECC Early Childhood Lab School, many of whom have advanced degrees in child development and related fields, are committed to the philosophy that children are individuals, each with a unique style and rate of learning. The full range of learning and developmental activities at the lab school helps children reach their individual potential.
Full & Part-Time Care
This program for children ages 2 to 5 years focuses on large and small motor development, pre-reading and pre-writing skills, visual and auditory discrimination, letter and number recognition and a variety of social experiences. This program is available year round when the college is open and by appointment when the college is open but classes do not meet.
Open to: ECC students, ECC employees
Dates & time: Year round, Monday – Friday
Cost & Schedule
Full-Time (Monday - Thurs: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- 2-year-olds per week: $218 per child (includes lunch).
- 3, 4, & 5-year-olds per week: $218 per child (does not include lunch).
Part-Time (Per time block: $15 per child). Children must be registered for a minimum of one block, twice weekly.
- Monday - Friday: 8 - 11 a.m. or 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. or 2 - 5 p.m. (4 p.m. on Friday)
Note: There is no drop-off time at noon.
Summer registrations are on an hourly basis.
ECC’s community pre-kindergarten program is for children ages 4 to 5, the year prior to attending kindergarten. The only pre-k program in the area with access to college facilities, curriculum is based on the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards to help your child become kindergarten-ready! Daily activities are focused on several areas including: language and literacy, creative arts, science, math, social studies, social and emotional development, self-help skills, and physical development.
The program is open to all community members.
Cost & Schedule
Fall 2015: August 17 to December 11
Spring 2016: January 19 to May 20
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 3:00 p.m.
Fee: $26.50/week (must be purchased by the academic semester).
Health & Nutrition
- Well-balanced and nutritious snacks served morning and afternoon
- Two-year-olds served a hot lunch every day
- Three, 4 and 5-year-olds must bring a sack lunch
- Snacks, juice or milk are provided
- Medical record, emergency information, birth certificates and emergency releases required prior to the first day of attendance.