At Your Service
Early Childhood Laboratory School
Bldg M, Room M137, ECC Campus
Hours: M-Th 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
F 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Fridays June - Aug.
Programs for Preschoolers
The highly trained and professional staff of the ECC Early Childhood Lab School, many of whom have advanced degrees in child development and related fields, are committed to the philosophy that children are individuals, each with a unique style and rate of learning. The full range of learning and developmental activities at the lab school helps children reach their individual potential.
Full & Part-Time Care
This program for children ages 2 to 5 years focuses on large and small motor development, pre-reading and pre-writing skills, visual and auditory discrimination, letter and number recognition and a variety of social experiences.
This program is available year round when the college is open to ECC students and employees. When classes do not meet, care is provided by appointment only.
- $218 per week (per child)
- 2 year olds will be served snacks and lunch.
- 3, 4, & 5 year olds will not be served lunch, but snacks are included.
- $15 per time block (per child)
- Minimum of one time block; two days a week is required.
Available time blocks listed below.
|8 to 11 a.m.
|11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
|2 to 5 p.m.
Note: there is no drop-off time at noon. Summer registrations are on an hourly basis.
*On Friday's the facility closes at 4 p.m
ECC’s community pre-kindergarten program is for children ages 4 to 5, the year prior to attending kindergarten. The only pre-kindergarten program in the area with access to college facilities, curriculum is based on the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards to help your child become kindergarten-ready! Daily activities are focused on several areas including:
- Language and literacy
- Creative arts
- Social studies
- Social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Self-help skills
This program is available Fall 2015 from August 17 to December 11 and Spring 2016 from January 19 to May 20;
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 to 3 p.m. Open to all community members. Please call the Early Childhood Lab School to sign up.
- $26.50 per week (per child); must be purchased by the academic semester.
Health & Nutrition
- Well balanced and nutritious snacks served morning and afternoon
- Two year olds served a hot lunch every day
- Three, 4 and 5 year olds must bring a sack lunch
- Snacks, juice or milk are provided