Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content

At Your Service

Registration & Records Office
Bldg B, Room B105, ECC Campus
Tel: 847-214-7386
Fax: 847-214-7356
Hours: M-Th 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.; F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Fridays June - Aug.


Obtain Your ECC Transcript

All official transcripts are ordered online free of charge. To obtain your official ECC transcript follow the steps below:

  1. Log in to accessECC Portal | Get instructions»
  2. Select the Student tab at the top left
  3. In the Self-Service drop-down menu (below ECC APPS), click Students, then Student Records and Schedule
  4. Next, select the Transcript Request link
  5. Follow the instructions on the page to complete order

Returning Students

Former students may still be able to log in. Go to the accessECC Portal and select new users start here link. Follow the links to obtain your user ID and password information. If you get a message indicating that your information does not match, please call the accessECC Portal help line at 847-214-7570 and let us guide you through the process. If we don’t answer, leave a message with your full name, the name you attended under (if different), your date of birth and your phone number. We’ll return your call promptly.

Transcript Analysis

Prior College Credit

If you already have a college degree, accumulated credit toward a degree, or earned proficiency credit elsewhere, request a transcript analysis at the ECC Records Office and we can tell you how that credit applies to ECC degrees and certificates. More»

Academic Courses at Non-College Institutions

Credit earned for academic courses at non-college institutions (i.e., courses taken through business, industrial, labor organizations) may be accepted if it is recommended by the American Council on Education Programs of Non-Collegiate Sponsored Instruction (ACE/PONSI) in The National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs. All criteria is subject to approval of the ECC department offering similar courses.

Non-U.S. Credentials or Foreign Transcripts

Credit earned for academic courses completed at an institution in a country outside the United States may be accepted for use toward program requirements at Elgin Community College. Acceptance of transfer credit is subject to approval of the ECC department offering similar courses. Students planning to transfer university course work to ECC need to elect the course-by-course evaluation. More»

Military Experiences

Credit earned for military training, education and through DANTES may be accepted for transfer credit if official documentation is provided and courses are recommended by the American Council on Education in The Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services. Visit

Proficiency Credit

Proficiency credit appears on a student’s official ECC transcript, but it carries no grade value and does not affect a student’s grade point average. It can be used to fulfill up to 50 percent of the credit hours required for an ECC degree or certificate, but cannot be used to fulfill the residency requirements of ECC degrees. You must first be formally admitted to ECC to take proficiency tests at the college. Whether a course is available for proficiency credit is shown with its course description. More»

Go to top