At Your Service
Bldg C, Room C230, ECC Campus
Reception hours: M-Th 9 a.m. -8 p.m.,
Fri 9 a.m. -4 p.m., Sat 9 a.m. -1 p.m.
Closed Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays - June - August
Tutoring & Study Labs
Tutoring has been proven to improve ECC students’ grades. ECC offers tutoring in various formats and for most subjects. Tutoring is provided by degreed, professional tutors. Tutoring is available for ECC students currently enrolled in the credit course.
There are three types of tutoring:
- Drop-in – free service. Come as often as you like, stay as long as you need. Schedules and locations are available in the Tutoring Center, C230. Subjects include: anatomy, biology, BUS101, chemistry, English, math, GED math, physiology, physics, reading and writing. Computers available for academic tutoring support.
- Private - by appointment only. A 50-minute session is scheduled once a week with a tutor. Private tutoring is not available for all subjects. See staff in Tutoring Center to inquire and fill out an application to begin the process. The first 5 sessions are free; there is a nominal fee for additional sessions.
- Online – free service. Available to any student enrolled in a listed course (see current bookmark available in Tutoring Center for courses offered). To enroll, student must email email@example.com and give name, ECC ID number, and course. Subject line should read “online tutoring”.
Study Skills Sessions
The Tutoring Center offers private tutoring sessions for a variety of topics to help students sharpen their basic skills. Subjects include:
- Computer basics
- Biology study skills
- Positive/negative numbers
- Sentence structure (comma use)
- Test anxiety*
- Note-taking techniques
- How to use your textbook effectively
- Time management tips (online)
See staff in Tutoring Center for schedule and sign-up.
*Test anxiety is a private session and there is no charge.
Writing (The Write Place)
Get one-to-one assistance in all types of writing, including essays, reports, basic skills in English, grammar and punctuation, formatting papers, speech outlines, vocabulary and ways to make your writing stronger before it is submitted for grading.
Location: The Write Place, Building B, Room B274,
Who can use: Students enrolled in credit classes at ECC, ECC employees
How to enroll: Stop by Building B, Room B274, or call 847-214-7480 for information.
Hours: Mondays through Thursdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m.; Fridays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Become a self-reliant math student! All students enrolled in mathematics courses are encouraged to use the Math Lab.
- Small study groups
- Work on homework
- Get help with class projects
- Placement test preparation
- Final exam preparation
Who can use: Students currently enrolled in and attending ECC math courses.
How to enroll: No appointment necessary. Just stop by Building D, Room D219 or call 847-214-4169 for information.
Hours: Mondays through Thursdays 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.