Career Development Services
The Career Development Services Office is your first stop for all things career-related. We provide career counseling, career exploration classes, interest and personality assessments and resources to help you choose a major and career. We can also assist you with job search skills and strategies, including resume review and mock interviews. Your success is our first priority!
Helping Undecided Students
Our variety of career development services help students who have not yet determined a major and need answers to the following questions:
- How do I start the process of choosing a major?
- How do I know what majors match my interests, values and personality characteristics?
- What can I do with the major I’m considering?
- What can I do with a major in...
Career Exploration & Planning
Career counseling appointments are offered FREE to students and residents of ECC District 509
Career Assessment Package
Three assessment instruments assist in career development. More»
Choosing a Major Workshop
Come to this FREE workshop and learn how to find a major that complements your interests, abilities and values. Plus, find out about ECC resources that help you develop your own personal career plan for success. More»
Student Planning Guide
A college and career ready resource to guide you in developing a well thought-out plan for success. More»
General Student Development
Short-term classes that feature exploration of career options and academic majors, mid-life career transitions, and job search strategies. More»
What Can I do With This Major?
Browse different majors and discover your options. View webpage»
Internships allow students to gain hands-on-experience in their chosen field of study. More»
Get the job you deserve! The Career Development Services Office provides help in these areas so you can succeed in today's economy.
- Resume & cover letters - get assistance and critiques from a trained professional.
- Interview techniques - get coaching and tips for answering difficult questions.
- Portfolios - make a statement about yourself during the interview; we can give you pointers.
Job Posting Announcements
- College Central Network - search online job opportunities, career articles and videos. More»
- Student Employment Programs - work 10-20 hours per week. More»
- Bulletin Boards - find employment listings at the office of Career Development Services and on job boards located throughout campus.
National Career Readiness Certificate
Stand out from the crowd when you are looking for a job with the National Career Readiness Certificate. More»
On Campus Recruitment
An opportunity for students to meet face-to-face with local employers who are recruiting for full- and part-time, summer and internship job opportunities. View Recruiting Calendar».
Annual Job Fair
Don't miss this great opportunity to meet your future employer or to hire your next star employee(s)! More»