Future Honors Students
The ECC Honors Program provides you with both classroom-based and co-curricular experiences that bring to life your college experience. Honors students are not only required to enroll in at least one honors class per year; they must also assume leadership roles on campus.
Apply for Honors Program
Program Admission Requirements
Qualified students may join the Honors Program during any semester they are enrolled at ECC. Admission requirements include:
- New first-time-in-college students must meet two of three criteria:
- Graduated in the top 20% of their high school class
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- ACT composite score of 25/higher or SAT combined score of 1710
- Students who have completed at least 12 hours of formally articulated, college-level coursework at another institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Current ECC student who have completed at least 12 hours of college-level course work with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
To satisfy these admission requirements, you must provide your official final high school and/or college transcripts to the Office of Admissions. Provisional admission will be considered for interested students who may not fully meet the above admission criteria but believe they can succeed in the honors program.
Program Eligibility Requirements
To maintain membership in the honors program, honors students must maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA each semester. Program students are strongly encouraged to also...
- Enroll in at least three credit hours ECC Honors coursework within the first two semesters enrolled in the program. Three additional credit hours are required during each additional year enrolled.
- Join ECC's honors society Phi Theta Kappa (PTK). Students are expected to engage in leadership and service roles on campus.
Program Course Offerings
Students who are admitted and remain in good standing in the honors program may register for honors classes each semester. Program students typically take one to two honors classes each semester. The honors program offers the following annual courses by semester. View courses»
Permission for Course Registration
Students wishing to take an honors class who have not sought formal program admission may contact the honors instructor for permission to register. This permission applies only to that single course. Documentation of the instructor's approval must be provided to the Registration Office.