Future Honors Students
The ECC Honors Program provides you with both classroom-based and co-curricular experiences that bring to life your college experience. Honors students are not only required to enroll in at least one honors class per year; they must also assume leadership roles on campus.
Learn more about our program by previewing the Honors Program brochure Download brochure
Program Admission Requirements
Qualified students may join the Honors Program during any semester they are enrolled at ECC. Admission requirements include:
- New first-time-in-college students must meet two of three criteria:
- Graduated in the top 20 percent of their high school class
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- ACT composite score of 25/higher or SAT combined score of 1710
- Students who have completed at least 12 hours of formally articulated, college-level coursework at another institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Current ECC student who have completed at least 12 hours of college-level course work with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
To satisfy these admission requirements, you must provide your official final high school and/or college transcripts to the ECC Office of Admissions.
Provisional admission will be considered for interested students who may not fully meet the above admission criteria but believe they can succeed in the Honors Program. For this consideration, you must prepare a written response describing your intellectual and personal interests as well as what experiences have prepared you to excel within the Honors Program at ECC. The response should be submitted with the Honors Program application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Honors Application
Honors Course Offerings
Students who are admitted and remain in good standing in the Honors Program may register for honors classes each semester. Registration for designated honors classes is restricted to students who have been admitted to the program or receive consent from the course instructor.
Students wishing to take an honors class who have not sought formal program admission may contact the honors instructor for permission to register. This permission applies only to that single course. Documentation of the instructor's approval must be provided to the Registration Office.
Program Eligibility Requirements
To maintain membership in the honors program, honors students must:
- Enroll in at least three credit hours ECC Honors coursework within the first two semesters enrolled in the program. Three additional credit hours are required during each additional year enrolled.
- Join ECC's honors society Phi Theta Kappa (PTK). Students are expected to engage in leadership and service roles on campus.
- Maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA each semester.