At Your Service
Adult Program Coordinator
Bldg K, Room K111, ECC Campus
Hours: M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Closed Fridays June - Aug.
Age 50+ Programs
ECC’s Workforce Transitions Unemployment Services is dedicated to support plus 50 students through programs developed for professional and personal enrichment. These programs focuses on helping you get quickly re-trained for new jobs and back into the workforce by offering services specifically designed to make your journey easier and more effective.
Plus 50 Encore Completion Program
ECC is partnering with the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) and the Plus 50 Encore Completion Program to help plus 50 adults return to college and train for jobs in high demand fields.
- Enroll in credit classes and short term vocational certificates
- Assistance in obtaining financial aid
- Take short-term continuing education courses:
- enhance your current skills
- achieve short term career changes
- Free computer classes in:
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- begin using a computer
- Math tutoring for those who need help before taking:
- placement tests
- certification exams
- Job search skills training offered in:
- electronic application process
- building a resume
- building a cover letter
- how to market yourself
- interview skills
- various topics pertinent to today’s job market
- Networking once-a-month to share individual experiences in:
- labor force
- career advice
- job leads
Back to Work 50+ with AARP Foundation
The AARP Foundation’s Back to Work 50+ initiative offers local information sessions and a coaching program where job candidates aged 50 and older can learn how to update their personal marketing tools and networking strategies, target their job search on in-demand jobs, get job leads, and find resources that can help them stay strong while they're looking for their next job. To get a free job search guide and register for a local Back to Work 50+ information session at ECC, call toll free 855-850-2525.
Through the initiative, job candidates age 50+ are able to:
- Receive a listing of local job search services in their market.
- Attend an Information Session to obtain information on local jobs, training requirements and employer expectations.
- Join the BACK TO WORK 50+ Coaching Program for job search coaching and guidance on applying for necessary job training.
- Receive information on job search resources, including AARP Foundation's 7 smart strategies for 50+ job seekers guide.