It is the responsibility of the student to know and fulfill all degree/certificate academic requirements and graduation procedures.
- Students are held accountable for the requirements outlined in the catalog in effect at the time of their initial ECC enrollment.
- The specific requirements for each degree or certificate must be completed.
- Catalogs are valid for 10 years from the date they are published.
- Course substitution forms must be signed by the appropriate instructional dean and submitted to the Records Office.
- Candidates for graduation must complete notice of intent to graduate during the semester in which they will complete graduation requirements.
Note: If you are not attending the graduation ceremony, you must still complete a notice of intent to graduate to receive your degree or certificate.
Deadlines for filing the form are as follows:
- May graduates - February 2
- August graduates - July 1
- December graduates - October 1
- Appropriate fee(s) must be paid in full. More»
- If earned at the same time, both degrees/certificates must be specified on the notice of intent to graduate form. If earned during different semesters, a separate form must be filed for each.
- Graduates achieving a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 to 4.0 for their degree or certificate receive their diplomas with high honors.
- Graduates achieving a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 to 3.49 receive their diplomas with honors.
- Individual courses may be applied to more than one degree or certificate.
Commencement exercises are held annually in May and December. Students who are graduating in May participate in May commencement. Students graduating in August along with those graduating in December participate in December exercises. Candidates who do not complete requirements as planned may return the following May or December and participate in commencement at that time. Diplomas are mailed approximately eight weeks after the semester ends.
Evaluation of Credits
Students who have attended other institutions and who intend to earn a degree or certificate from ECC must have an official transcript from each institution on file at ECC. More»