At Your Service
Registration & Records Office
Bldg B, Room B105, ECC Campus
Hours: M-Th 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.; F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed Fridays June - Aug.
Non-U.S. Credentials or Foreign Transcript Evaluations
Credit earned for academic courses completed at an institution in a country outside the United States may be accepted for use toward program requirements at Elgin Community College. Students with post-secondary, college or university level foreign credentials must have an evaluation completed by one of the following credential evaluation services: Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), Educational Perspectives or World Education Services(WES). Evaluations completed by other credential evaluation services will be considered on a case-by-case basis. No evaluations will be accepted unless evaluated by a NACES accredited service. Visit NACES.org for listing.
Acceptance of transfer credit is subject to approval of the ECC department offering similar courses.
To request an evaluation of your post-secondary foreign credentials:
- Select one of the following companies to complete the evaluation of your foreign documents. As part of the review, the credential evaluation service will analyze every college course completed and give it a U.S. title, semester credits, and grade. Evaluations completed by any of these companies will be acceptable to ECC. You can send the high school and college documents as both are included in the listed fees. The following points may assist you in your selection:
- For many countries, ECE and Educational Perspectives allow you to send photocopies of the original documents and complete translations yourself. However, go to their website and check your specific country’s required documentation.
- If you decide or are required to have a translation done by another person, make sure it is a certified translator.
- If you are seeking admission to one of our health profession degrees, you may consider using WES since WES puts the date range for each semester which is helpful for our evaluation since our health profession degrees have time limits on the science and/or math. You would want to choose the Course-by-Course evaluation for ECE or the Detailed Report for Educational Perspectives.
Educational Perspectives www.edperspective.org
Mail your completed application with documents and payment to:
U.S. Postal Service:
PO Box 618056
Chicago IL 60661-8056
Courier Delivery ONLY:
134 N LaSalle Street, Suite 1900
Chicago, IL 60602
Choose the Detailed Report for if you have college courses you want to transfer into ECC. In Section 4 of the application, check the first box to mail both copies to your address.
Electronic Delivery (with credit card payment only): email@example.com
Educational Credential Evaluators www.ece.org
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Choose the Course-by-Course report for if you have college courses you want to transfer into ECC. Request to have both copies sent to your mailing address.
World Education Services www.wes.org
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Choose Course-by-Course report for if you have college courses you want to transfer to ECC.
- Upon receiving your evaluation back from the company, bring it into the Registration and Records office.
Complete a Request for evaluation form. Review will take approximately one week and you will be notified via your student email how to access the results.