At Your Service
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Bldg B, Room B156, ECC Campus
Hours: M-Th 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.; F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
*Closed: Tuesdays 1-2:30 p.m.
Important changes to financial aid. Read more»
Federal Pell Grant
This grant is available to eligible undergraduate students enrolled in an eligible program at ECC and taking at least one credit hour. Awards range from $593 to $5,920 for 2017-2018.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- This fund is awarded to Pell eligible students only.
- Priority is given to students with a $0 Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and other students with low EFCs.
- Actual award amounts are determined yearly and are based on the federal allocation.
- Awards are given to students in both the fall and spring terms (award is not given in summer term).
- Students who are enrolled full time and less than full time are eligible to receive this award.
Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP)
Eligibility for this tuition-only grant is determined by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC). Please be aware that in light of state funding constraints, reductions to estimated or actual MAP grants are possible. Get more information from
- It is strongly recommended that you file your FAFSA early each year to meet state processing deadlines. State deadlines vary from year to year.
- Students must be enrolled in and complete at least three(3) credit hours.The MAP amount on the award letter is an estimate, and subject to change pending ISAC confirmation of the student's eligibility.
- Funding does not apply to the summer term
- MAP usage is limited to 75 credit hours attempted
- Funding is limited to tuition only and does not apply to books, supplies, lab fees, or other expenses
Illinois Veterans Grant Program (IVG)
This Illinois grant is available to qualifying veterans who entered active duty from the State of Illinois and returned to Illinois within six (6) months of receiving an honorable discharge.
- Veterans must have served at least one year of active duty
- Funding applies to tuition and some limited fees
- Students may receive IVG funds for up to five (5) years of full-time attendance
- Students must submit a complete DD214 form for determination of eligibility
- Student must mail the application and DD214 Member 4 copy. The application can be found at
Note: Applications are available in Financial Aid and Scholarships, Bldg B, Room B156.
Federal Veterans Education Benefits
gibill.va.gov contains in-depth information about the various education benefits administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. To contact a veterans benefits counselor, please call 888-442-4551.
Illinois National Guard Program (ING)
Enlisted persons and company-grade Illinois National Guard officers can receive tuition and eligible fee coverage at all Illinois public universities and public community colleges.
- Students must be on active duty status and have served for at least one year in the Illinois National Guard
- Funding is availablefor a period equivalent to eight (8) semesters of full-time enrollment and can be applied to noncredit courses
- This grant can be used for either undergraduate or graduate study
- There is no minimum enrollment requirement
- Student must apply for this grant each semester onlineat