Transfer Student - Apply
Students who have attended a college other than ECC previously and who plan to complete a program of study at ECC or take a few classes at ECC and transfer credits back to your four-year college/university.
Taking a Few Summer Classes
Students currently attending another college/university who plan to take a few classes at ECC to transfer back to their home institution should complete the following steps:
- Confirm with your current college advisor, which ECC course is equivalent to the course you need to complete. You can also check this information by going to itransfer.org/mycreditstransfer
- Complete the ECC application for admission apply online | download form
- Check the course to determine what prerequisites; if any are required, for the course you are intending to enroll. Search available classes»
Note: Prerequisites needed for the course(s) must be satisfied in order to register.
- To prove you have satisfied pre-requisites can be done by:
Note: Transcripts can be sent electronically through Docufide or Script Safe, or as an attachment in an email or mailed in paper form. All transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- An official or unofficial transcript from your current or previous college/university.
- Your high school transcript, if you have taken the geometry, chemistry or foreign language in high school.
- If you are currently enrolled in a class that is a prerequisite for the summer course you wish to take, include a copy of your current class schedule. You will be required to submit an official grade report to the Registration Center prior to the summer class start date in order to remain enrolled.
- Complete the prerequisite approval request form
A technical enrollment facilitator will contact you when your prerequisite waiver has been processed so that you may register for the course.
Register for classes»
- Email the completed form and your unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 847-608-5458 with ‘Summer Enrollment’ on the subject line. Include the following:
- student’s name
- ECC student ID number; received after submitting ECC admission application
- contact information; cell phone or email address
- ECC course number and course name
- institution from which the transcript is being sent
Pursuing Degree & Certificates at ECC
Students currently attending another college/university who plan to enroll at ECC to complete a program of study should complete the following steps:
- a) Complete an application for admission. Apply online | Download form
b) Apply for financial aid and scholarships. More»
- Submit your high school and prior college transcripts to the Admissions Office, building B, room B110, On Campus. If you have credentials from another country, review the information about obtain an evaluation of these credentials.
- Demonstrate you have met ECC's minimum competency requirements in writing, reading and math. To determine which requirements you must meet, view minimum competency requirements
Satisfy these requirements by one of the following:
- a) Take ECC's placement test(s). More»
- b) You may be exempt from placement testing if you have sub-scores in English (20 or better), reading (18 or better), and math (23 or better. Submit ACT scores to the Admissions Office.
- Attend new student orientation or, visit the Counseling Center to meet with a counselor to select courses and register for classes. More»
Get Advice From a Counselor
ECC's Counseling Center can help you with academic questions including:
- Undecided about your educational goals?
- What courses do you need for your major?
- Will your ECC classes transfer to a four-year college?
- Do you have a written educational plan listing the classes you need to take for your course of study? More»