At Your Service
Student Success Center
Bldg B, Room B120, ECC Campus
Fall & Spring: M-Th 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.; F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Summer: M-Th 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.; closed Fridays
Transfer Guarantee & Agreements
University Transfer Guarantee Program
It is the policy of the Board of Trustees that students completing a transfer associate degree from ECC be guaranteed the acceptance of credits earned at ECC by the transfer institution, backed by an offer of a refund of tuition for any courses not accepted, subject to the conditions outlined below.
- The application for a refund must be submitted within one calendar year of completion or graduation with a transfer degree from ECC.
- The course must have been completed with a grade of "C" or better.
- The refund would be based upon the tuition paid at the time the course was completed.
- The student has met with an authorized counselor from ECC, declared a major and a transfer college or university prior to taking any courses in the guarantee, and taking only those courses approved in writing by the ECC counselor.
- The student transfers to the college or university declared within two years of initial enrollment at ECC.
- The student requests an evaluation by the transfer institution of the ECC courses completed immediately upon transfer.
- The student cooperates with ECC personnel in resolving any transfer difficulties by notifying the college and submitting any necessary consents or releases for student records or correspondence.
- The student submits within 60 days of being notified by the transfer institution that a course has been refused for credit and makes a claim for the refund. The claim must state the reasons for the refusal offered by the institution, the name, position, address and telephone number of the person notifying the student of the refusal and copies of any correspondence or documentation provided by the transfer institution. The college will first attempt to resolve the issue with the transfer institution. If favorable resolution is not achieved within 120 days, the reimbursement will be authorized.
The sole recourse available to participants enrolled in this guarantee program shall be limited to the tuition reimbursement of the class at the time of enrollment, with no recourse for damages, court costs, or any associated costs of any kind or right to appeal beyond those specified by ECC.
Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)
Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) is a statewide transfer agreement which facilitates transfer among more than 100 participating colleges and universities in Illinois. Visit www.itransfer.org to learn more about transferring general education courses and recommended major courses throughout the state of Illinois.
The Compact Agreement
ECC has an agreement with 9 of 12 public universities in Illinois which provides automatic junior standing upon transfer to students who earn:
- Eastern Illinois University
- Governors State University
- Illinois State University
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Northern Illinois University
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville
- University of Illinois of Springfield
- Western Illinois University
Students considering the schools below should select ECC courses to match the specific freshman and sophomore requirements at those institutions. If this is done, the student should have no problems transferring to any of the 20 major public and private institutions in the state.
- University of Illinois - Champaign-Urbana
- University of Illinois - Chicago
- Chicago State University
- any private school
- any out-of-state school