The Community College District 509 Board of Trustees approved
several recommendations from college administrators during a public
meeting on Tuesday, November 12, 2013, at Elgin Community College.
The meeting was held in the Building E Seigle Auditorium at the
college, 1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin.
Chair Donna Redmer, EdD, presided over the meeting attended by
Trustees Angela Causey; John Duffy, MSEd; Robert Getz; Clare
Ollayos, DC; Eleanor MacKinney, CAS; Art Sauceda, CPA; and Student
Trustee Alejandro Molina Hoyos.
The trustees voted to approve, adopt, authorize, affirm,
- Minutes from the October 7, 2013 special board meeting and
- Minutes from the October 8, 2013 regular board meeting and
- Minutes from the October 21, 2013 special board meeting and
- Destruction of verbatim audiotapes of the closed sessions of
April 10, 2012 and May 8, 2012
- The 2014 schedule of Regular, Committee of the Whole, and
Finance Committee meetings
- Revisions to Elgin Community College Board Policy
Governance Process (GP) 7: Board Members' Code of Conduct -
7.1, 7.4, and 7.6
- Implementation of instructional fees schedule for fiscal year
- Recommendation to deem a person utilizing benefits under the
Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 or any
subsequent variation of that Act as an in-district resident
- Publication of proposed 2013 tax levy, "Resolution Regarding
Estimated Amounts Necessary to be Levied for the Year 2013"
- Appointment of Dr. Andrea Lehmacher as Managing Director of
The next regular board meeting will be held in the Building
E Seigle Auditorium on Tuesday, December 10, 2013, beginning at
Contact: Toya Webb