Remote Desktop Connection
Windows remote desktop allows you to use your computer at ECC directly from your home computer. You’ll be able to access all of the programs and files that you are accustomed to using.
- Read the ECC Password Policy
- Complete a remote access request and mail it to the help desk. Download request form
- Verify that your home computer meets the minimum requirements.
- When the helpdesk has processed your request you will receive an e-mail with instructions and a link to connect to your ECC computer.
- Click on the Start menu and select Remote Desktop Connection.
- Click Options.
- In the 'General' tab, type in the following:
- Computer: COM1234.office.elgin.edu - your workstation COM#
- Username: OFFICE\yourOfficeUsername - enter the username you use to log into the computer at your desk
- Go to the 'Advanced' tab and select Settings...
- Type in the following:
- Server name: TSGATE.ELGIN.EDU
- Click OK
- Click CONNECT
- When prompted with a Windows Security message, type in your password. Enter the password you use to log into the computer at your desk. Click OK.
- Broadband internet connection
- Vista/Windows 7 service pack1 or XP service pack3; upgrade