The ECC campus has more than 3,600 free parking places, including parking for handicapped. View map»
Please adhere to parking signs as posted. Motorists who violate campus parking regulations and common parking laws will be ticketed and fined.
- Contractors only area
- Double parking
- Driveway/blocking driveways
- Driving lanes of parking lots
- Fire lanes
- Handicap spaces without placard or license plate ($350 fine)
- Loading docks
- Maintenance service areas
- Obstructing roadways
- On the grass or island in lots
- Overnight parking without ECC police approval
- Overtime parking (10-minute zone)
- Parking in multiple spaces
- Passenger curb loading zone
- Restricted lots without permit/tag
- Safety zone
- Yellow curbs
Violations are enforced by ECC police and Elgin police.
Full- and part-time faculty and staff need a permit to park in employee lots. Student workers are not eligible for employee parking permits. The first permit is free; replacements cost $3 each. Permits and related information is available at the ECC Police Department.
Handicap parking is available through out the campus. A handicap placard/license plate issued by the state is required.
Designated parking spaces are set aside for motorcycles during the appropriate seasons. Spaces are marked with signage.
ECC tickets are payable at the Student Accounts, Building B, Room B151, ECC Campus.
Any violation written by the City of Elgin must be appealed through the City of Elgin court system, not through the college.
Appeal ECC Parking Ticket
Complete a Parking Ticket Appeal Form. Submit the completed form to ECC parking appeals committee and deposit in a campus mailbox or mail to:
- ECC Parking Appeals Committee
1700 Spartan Drive, Elgin, IL 60123